Unbelievable as it may seem and just in case you haven't noticed: It is OCTOBER and time for our long awaited PORTRAIT WORKSHOP presented by SUE ORPEN (FWSSA, HAWSSA)
on 18 October at 08:45 for 09:00
Cost: R100 for members (R140 for non-members)
Please bring you own lunch as well as a mug/cup for tea and a small plate
REQUIREMENTS: (Sue's list)
- One full-sheet or half-sheet good quality watercolour paper 300gsm stretched onto board
- 3 or 4 sheets A3 drawing paper
- Pencils, charcoal, rubber, ruler
- All your normal watercolour equipment including masking fluid and one 2inch soft flat brush.
- 10 Photographs you consider suitable for a portrait. Photos from newspapers are ideal. Look for a clear image with good clear shadow shapes. At least 5 of your photos should be black and white.
During lunch we will use 15 or 20 minutes to have our AGM. (13:15 - 13:30) Please note that only Members of the WSSA (Head Office) may take part in the voting.
1. CHAIRMAN'S REPORT
2. FINANCIAL REPORT
3. COMMITTEE FOR 2009
80th NATIONAL EXHIBITION
If you have not yet seen this fabulous exhibition at the Manor Gallery, Norscot (Fourways, close to the Monte Casino: please phone me if you need directions!) be sure not to miss it! It is on until 29th and the Gallery hours are: Tue - Fri 10:00 - 16:00 and Sat: 10:00 - 14:00.
There is a wonderful selection of supurb water-colours to be seen.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following members:
Linda Fourie (AWSSA!)
Ingrid Kolzing (2 HAWSSA points & 1 accepted)
Liz Davies - 41 points for her lovely landscape!
Glyn Davies - 1 AWSSA point
Helen Lampbrecht -3 AWSSA points (HIGHLY COMMENDED)
Jeannie Wallace - 3 AWSSA points (HIGHLY COMMENDED)
Cathy MacKinnon - 1 AWSSA point
Janet Louw - 1 AWSSA point
Ria Scheepbouwer: 3 AWSSA points
Jeannette Schoonraad: 1 Accepted
Looking forward to seeing you on the 18th!
LOCAL EXHIBITION IN THE CENTURION GALLERY:
4 - 14 November 2008
Submission: Friday 30 October: 10:00 - 11:30 followed by an Informal selection and the Hanging
Cost: R10 per painting (up to 5 watercolour paintings per artist - ready to hang!)
Opening: Tuesday 4 November: 18:00 for 18:30